Communication is EVERYTHING. It allows us to connect, to encourage, to empower, to influence, to control and much more.
When you’re location independent and have the freedom to work from anywhere, communicating online comes with its own unique challenges. Many of these are discussed in remote working forums – usually focusing on which platforms are best, asynchronous versus synchronous, how much in-person time you need to create a connection.
If you ignore the tools, the platforms and the arguments for now, at the heart of every single communication is a person. And the quality of ALL communication is only ever as good as that person’s ability to communicate AND connect.
Just like all the other professional skills currently in your toolbox, communication can be learned, honed, and improved.
What Is Conscious Communication?
Conscious communication is a way of communicating for maximum impact; it is based upon two key principles:
- Consciously crafting your output – being highly intentional about the way YOU communicate to others.
- Consciously responding to input – being aware of how you receive what OTHERS communicate to you.
As you learn to communicate more consciously, it means you are able to:
- More effectively craft all your communication to maximise your impact.
- Respond instead of react to others, skillfully using the PAUSE between a communication and your response.
- Better manage your feelings and emotions so they don’t drive (and sabotage) your communication efforts.
Professionally, communicating more consciously empowers you to:
- More confidently share your ideas, opinions, thoughts.
- Better – and more deeply – connect with people, whether remotely or in person
- Be seen, noticed and stand out, remotely and in person.
- Move from irrational, triggered and unconscious reactions, to conscious, empathetic and well-managed responses.
- Have your contributions recognised and valued.
- Feel more comfortable about the possibility of making mistakes.
- Resolve and avoid unnecessary conflicts in the workplace.
…which ultimately puts you in a stronger, more powerful and influential position than those whose ability to communicate is lacking.
Nowhere is this more important than when you work remotely online, where your communication skills – both in writing and speaking – are fundamental in your ability to connect, to succeed, to have your work noticed and to stand out.
If you’d like to become a more skilful, influential and powerful communicator, we’ve created the Conscious Communication Bootcamp training for you.
What You’ll Learn During The Conscious Communication Bootcamp:
In this section, you’ll:
- Understand the Conscious Communication Philosophy (and be encouraged to craft your own), to give you a framework for improving ALL your communication.
- Understand the challenges of working remotely and how conscious communication can help overcome these, to give you the confidence in being able to work remotely and still stand out.
The WHY of Conscious Communication
In this section, you’ll:
- Learn about the distinct types of communication, and why this knowledge matters.
- Understand how to identify your own WHY whenever you communicate.
- Identify the impact of your WHY on the what, where, when and how you communicate.
- Identify your own responses when others communicate with you.
The HOW + WHAT of Conscious Communication
In this section, you’ll:
- Understand all the ways we communicate – verbally and non-verbally – and the impact each of these has.
- Practice and hone your self awareness to understand why you sometimes react the way you react (which isn’t always useful!).
- Learn the most common pitfalls of ineffective communication.
- Learn and apply useful techniques for more persuasive language, conflict resolution and more.
- Learn how to write well – in any format – online (one of THE fundamental skills for remote workers).
The WHEN + WHERE of Conscious Communication
In this module, you’ll:
- Understand the importance of timing in effective and conscious communication.
- Learn about the different platforms for effective communication online.
- Learn how to most effectively use the different platforms for online communication.
- Receive tips, tricks, hacks and valuable resources for communicating more consciously in your external and internal communications.
The Conscious Communication Bootcamp Details
About The Bootcamp:
- This is LIVE online bootcamp; you’ll also receive a recording of the live bootcamp you attend.
- The bootcamp lasts for around 90 minutes, broken up into shorter sections.
- You’ll receive a digital pack of additional resources which include checklists, templates and additional resources.
- The maximum number of Bootcamp participants is 20.
- The fees to attend a LIVE bootcamp are GBP 95 (c. $125). Group rates are available if you’d like your team to attend a LIVE bootcamp.
LIVE Bootcamp Dates:
- The next scheduled LIVE bootcamp is Sunday November 1st at 8am Pacific / 11am Eastern / 4pm UK.
- The following LIVE Bootcamp dates are available until the end of 2020:
- Saturday December 12th at 8am Pacific / 11am Eastern / 4pm UK
Before booking your place, please ensure you read and agree to the following terms for participating in a Bootcamp:
1. All fees for a Bootcamp are non-refundable. However, if you are unable to attend a Live Bootcamp for any reason and notify us within seven days of the scheduled start for the Live Bootcamp, we will offer you an alternative date to attend.
2. There may be circumstances in which we need to cancel or reschedule a Live Bootcamp. In such circumstances, we will provide you with the option of a full refund or attendance at another scheduled Bootcamp.
3. If you act in any way which, in our opinion, is likely to cause any harm or nuisance to any person at the Live Bootcamp, you will be required to leave the Bootcamp immediately and we shall not be liable to refund your fee or any other payment.
4. You agree to respect and protect all Live Bootcamp participants’ privacy and any confidential information shared with you at all times, whether you attend a Live Bootcamp.
5. The copyright for any materials used at the Live Bootcamps (including notes, slides, brochures, articles and case studies) belongs to us at Location Independent and may not be reproduced in any medium or shared without our prior written consent.
6. You may not at any time copy, reproduce, publish in any form, share, sell, dispose of or otherwise make available to a third party in any way any of the content or materials that we use in the Live Bootcamps.
7. You must keep all information discussed in the Live Bootcamps strictly confidential at all times.
8. We grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable revocable licence to use all or any of the content or material used in the Live Bootcamps for the purposes for which the Bootcamp was provided only.
9. You may not, without our prior written consent make any audio or visual recordings or take photographs of all or any part of a Live Bootcamp. However you agree that we may take photographs or film the Live Bootcamp for any purpose, including promotional purposes.
10. These Terms shall be governed by English Law and your hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Book your Bootcamp Space:
Bootcamp Fees: £95 per registration.
Your Bootcamp Leaders
Passionate about remote leadership, Valentina thrives on creating structures and turning chaos into working systems.
Valentina acts as Empress of Product at Klaus, a conversation review platform for support teams. Previous experiences include leadership roles at companies like Automattic and Yahoo Right Media, as well as the startup space. Valentina has been leading and working remotely for over a decade. Originally from Germany, she lives close to Barcelona with her twin pre-schoolers. Yes, she does wear a tiara 😉
Lea is the founder of Location Independent, as well as the co-founder of Headstart Homeschooling – an online ‘school of the future’ founded to help parents create a ‘third’ path between school and homeschooling for their children.
A passionate and skilled communicator, Lea has built numerous remote teams and businesses with shared values, across the globe.
Lea lives in the UK and has worked online for almost two decades. She is committed to creating diverse, equitable and inclusive spaces online and off.