Press & Praise
Newspapers & Magazines
Lea has been interviewed, featured and mentioned in a number of global media outlets over the past few years, including:
- Financial Times ~ Nomads of the working world.
- BBC Click ~ Technology allows digital nomads to work anywhere.
- BBC Fast:Track ~ Best Of The Web.
- The Guardian, Careers, UK ~ Work’s a beach: meet the digital nomads making the world their office.
- The Guardian, Travel, UK ~ The escapees travelling the world while working online.
- The Guardian, Life & Style, UK ~ This column will change your life: 9-to-5 or free and easy?
- La Repubblica, Italy ~ Tienila d’occhio: Lea Woodward and Bauman, un mondo senza regole: “senza la solidarietà, la libertà è un’illusione”.
- China Trends magazine, China ~ See the article here.
- Cosmopolitan magazine, Italy & Sweden ~ See the Swedish article here.
- The Sydney Morning Herald & The Daily Telegraph, Australia
Lea has been featured, interviewed, listed or profiled in many online media outlets:
- She wrote about juggling motherhood and nomadic entrepreneurship here on Forbes.
- She wrote about how to launch a website with a fanfare (vs. deafening silence!) here on Forbes.
- She wrote about going from consulting to entrepreneurship in Time.
- She was interviewed about being a domain name addict (!) for Fast Company.
- She was interviewed about location independence on Mixergy.
- She was featured as one of Forbes’ Thirty Women Entrepreneurs to Follow on Twitter.
- She shared a tip for balancing entrepreneurship & parenthood on Inc.
Lea has also been featured in a number of books including:
- Escape from Cubicle Nation by Pamela Slim
- Screw Work, Let’s Play by John S. Williams
- The 9-to-5 Cure by Kristin Cardinale
- She Takes on the World: A Guide to Being Your Own Boss, Working Happy, and Living on Purpose by Natalie MacNeil
- Be A Free Range Human by Marianne Cantwell
Lea has spoken – virtually and in person – to audiences globally including:
- At the Freshmen Seminar, American College of Management and Technology, Dubrovnik on “The skills that open up doors & opportunities in today’s world”.
- At Hult International Business School, Dubai campus for the “Pocket MBA for Women Who Aspire to Lead” Program.
- Numerous online podcasts and interviews with fellow digital entrepreneurs.
What Others Have Said About Our Work…
This is the first joint venture I’ve done in 14 months of publishing AONC. The reason I decided to do this now is because Lea’s awesome project [the Location Independent Business course] is directly related to what a lot of people want to do. If you’re one of those people, I feel very good about recommending this to you.
I can easily say that it offers great value. I give it four stars out of four. If there were five stars, I’d give it five. You know what I mean – it’s not really about stars, it’s about creating a life of freedom that allows you to work anywhere. This will help.Chris Guillebeau (in 2007)
Lea has the ability to wade through all my objections, hidden fears and gaps in knowledge to get to the heart of where I truly want to go and crystallise a plan immediately.
She knows when to prod, when to be firm and when to just be still. Sessions with her are considered, nuanced, strategic, fun, intuitive and future focused. There is no time to sit it the ‘I don’t know how/I can’t/But I’m not sure I have…’ state.
One of my biggest hurdles is maintaining my location independence goals. Whilst I love my work, I felt like recently I’d compromised myself and my desires somehow and couldn’t see what to do next.
Our last session completely rectified this. I left with structured key directional goals, methodical steps to achieve them, a peace of mind and lightness in my mindset and a warmth in my heart that comes from having a good conversation with a friend.Samantha Clarke
I’ve followed Lea for more than 10 years and have worked with her several times in a few different ways. She is always insightful, understanding and full of ideas and inspiration, while at the same time striking just the right balance between pushing me out of my comfort zone and supporting me to take the next step.
My business has progressed immeasurably over the last 10 years, and crucially, it is now a great fit for the real me. I wouldn’t be where I am and have the location independent lifestyle I have (and love) without Lea‘s help and encouragement.
There is still a lot I want to do and I hope Lea will continue to be part of my journey for many years to come.Ali Marsland
Lea’s secret weapon is brilliant in its simplicity but really forces you to get clear on your strategy and future planning for your business.
If you’re struggling to generate a sustainable, location independent income from your work, this is a “must have” to hone your focus and turn things around.Marion Harrington
I found this book [the Location Independent Lifestyle Guide] to be incredibly inspiring.
While I’ve been working towards similar goals myself, reading just the first two chapters of this book caused me to take a couple of hours out of my day to really look at my life, what I want out of it, and what I can do differently to achieve that.
In fact, I called my wife and we had a great discussion about it!
It’s well written, interesting, informative and beautiful.Leo Babauta (in 2007)
I can say without a doubt, that the monthly cost [of the online mentoring group Lea ran] doesn’t come close to the actual value I’d put on what I’ve learned.
I started unsure of what I wanted and with the general feeling that I’m just not a business person. By the end of my first month, I felt far more sure of myself than I’ve ever been.
Skip two months later: I have prioritized and have a clear plan of what I want for my business. Oh, and I designed, launched and marketed a new product that already has customers. That was the first three months.
What I love about Lea’s approach is that she takes personal and work into equal account. We not only talk business but all parts of our lives and how they fit together. It’s about creating a life with all the elements that are most important, and becoming a successful entrepreneur is one part of that.Leigh Shulman