Welcome to the Location Independent Circles. This information is important for ALL members of a Circle and you are required to confirm that you’ve read and accept this information before you can subscribe to become a member.
Success in a Location Independent Circle means that you need to be a positive, proactive and supportive member of our community which is based upon taking personal responsibility for your progress and mutual support. This requires commitment to yourself as well as to your fellow members.
Our mission is to help members enhance their personal freedom, progress their own projects (personal and professional) and develop long term, meaningful relationships with other members through the building of a community both locally and globally, online and in person.
Circle Code of Ethics
By joining Location Independent Circles, you will be confirming that:
- You will take full responsibility for your own progress and success as a Circle member.
- You will display a supportive and empowering attitude with fellow Circle members.
- You will act with honesty, authenticity and integrity with fellow Circle members.
By joining Location Independent Circles, you will be confirming your understanding and agreement of the following terms:
- To help ensure that members are in alignment with the community’s overall goals and vision, circle membership is by invitation-only from an existing member or Circle Leader.
- No contract will exist until you have received an official invitation to join a Circle from one of our Founding Circle Leaders (Lea Woodward or Jennifer Miller) and have accepted this by paying your first subscription.
- We reserve the right to update these policies at any time by giving you not less than 1 week’s notice, which may be given by means of a post in the Global Circle on Slack. Your continued use of our platform after the notice period expires will be deemed evidence of your acceptance of these updates.
- You must join the Global Circle and at least ONE Local/Virtual/Other Circle in our online forum.
- You are permitted to be a member of up to THREE Local Circles at any one time.
- Upon joining our online platform (Slack), you must accept and adhere to Slack’s User Terms of service (see: https://slack.com/terms-of-service/user)
- Your subscription provides you with access to the online forums only. You may be invited to participate in off-line activities – including workshops and social events – by us or any Circle member, but these are not part of our subscription service.
- Off-line activities are entirely optional, may incur third party charges (e.g. theatre ticket costs, drinks, food), and may be subject to separate terms and conditions which you will be advised of prior to committing.
- You must take full and sole responsibility for protecting your own safety and security both in our online forums and during any off-line (in-person) meetings. Be sensible, take the same precautions as you would in any other on-line or in-person situation when providing information to, or arranging to meet, someone you don’t know.
- You must upload a photograph of yourself that is recognisable and representative of your typical every-day appearance.
- You must respect other members activities at all times, and protect their privacy and any confidential information shared with you by any member, whether online or at an in-person meeting.
- You can terminate your membership at any point by cancelling your subscription directly in Paypal. Once terminated, you will be removed from the Global Circle and any Local Circles immediately.
- We reserve the right to terminate anyone’s membership at our discretion.
- Even after your membership is terminated you must respect other members activities within the Circle, and protect their privacy and any confidential information shared with you by any member, whether online or at an in-person meeting, while you were a member.
- As per Slack’s Acceptable Use Policy, you agree to keep your user data (login and password) confidential and will not allow any other person to use them to access your profile/account in our online forum.
- Active participation is critical to the success of your Local Circle; please make every effort to actively participate in our online forums.
- This is not a platform to market your own products and services directly or indirectly to other members, except when expressly permitted to do so. Any breach of this will result in your membership being terminated.
- You may not use Location Independent Intellectual Property (e.g. logos, trademarks, names, slogans, copyrighted materials, etc.) to manufacture, distribute, sell, market, or promote any product or service, or otherwise use the Location Independent Intellectual Property without obtaining the prior written consent of Lea Woodward.
- Circle Policies are subject to change and changes will be notified to existing members via the forums.
- There is an ongoing subscription fee. Fees are paid monthly. Subscriptions are payable via Paypal.
- Fees paid are non-refundable.
- If you register for a Circle membership subscription online, you may change your mind for any or no reason and receive a full refund of all monies paid within 14 days starting from the day you sign up for Circle membership (the “Cooling-off Period”). Refunds will not, however, be provided if you have accessed our online platforms on Slack at any time during the Cooling-off Period.
- Neither membership nor fees can be transferred from one person to another.
- You may cancel your subscription at any time by cancelling your Paypal subscription within your Paypal account.
- We may establish Circles in any community with people interested in building a local community of those interested in location independence, as part of a bigger global community. In addition, we reserve the right to run more than one Circle per community.
Global Steering Circle
A Global Steering Circle exists to help guide the policies and strategic direction of all Location Independent Circles (local and global), their individual and collective activities, and support all active members. The Steering Circle is made up of select Circle Leaders invited to participate in the Steering Circle by Lea Woodward. If you have an issue or concern that you would like addressed by the Steering Circle, contact your Local Circle Leader who can bring this to the Steering Circle’s attention.
What Do I Get For My Money?
The infrastructure we provide empowers us all to connect and build relationships within our local communities and within a wider global community. The Steering Circle work hard to ensure that membership provides value with a holistic approach to happiness and success for members; this is achieved through a structured and planned programme of themes and resources provided to help you explore these themes on a personal basis.
Circle Leaders are volunteers – regular members like you who have decided they want to step up into a leadership role and be supported in developing their leadership skills by the Steering Circle. Without both the infrastructure and leadership provided by the Steering Circle and Circle Leaders, the value and support offered by Circle membership would rapidly decline.
Members recognise that we are providing the right to be a part of our online forums as a platform to build community; we’re not promising that you’re going to make deep and lasting relationships, we’re promising you the opportunity and platform to do so.
Subscription fees provide a member with:
- The right to be part of our online forums as a member of up to three Local Circles and the Global Circle.
- A platform to connect with like-minded women locally and globally online.
- A structured programme of personal development resources to help you explore key themes which may be helpful to your personal and professional development and success.
- Access to practical training and resources to help build the necessary skills to leverage online tools and resources.
- Connections that can be nurtured into long term relationships, locally and globally.
- The option to develop leadership skills as a Circle Leader.